Volunteer for CFN Board and Committees
Make your voice count
Join Canadian Frailty Network and help transform the way that Canada cares for its older citizens living with frailty!
CFN is committed to ensuring patients/citizens and their family/friend caregivers, as well as the broader community, are involved in CFN strategic and operations planning, and in improving the patient and caregiver experience in the work CFN undertakes and funds.
This includes citizens actively participating on the CFN Board of Directors, Research Management Committee, and several advisory committees.
We are currently looking for volunteer citizens to serve on the following:
Board of Directors (2)
Research Management Committee (1)
Citizen Engagement Committee (2)
Education and Training Committee (2)
Knowledge Translation Committee (2)
Read on to see how we define citizen members, expectations of Board and Committee members, eligibility and how to apply.
Who we're looking for
- older Canadians living with frailty, or,
- current or former family or friend caregivers of an older adult living with frailty, or,
- others from the general public interested in the care of older adults living with frailty. "General public” refers to citizens with lived or personal experience with the issues relevant to CFN’s mandate who are preferably not affiliated with public or private healthcare providers, government, or industry in the area of care of older adults living with frailty.
All citizens represent themselves as individuals and not any organizations or associations to which they may belong. Where appropriate, representatives of an advocacy group focused on older Canadians living with frailty or their family/friend caregivers may fill other allocated spots on the Board.
Geographic and demographic characteristics are also considered to ensure adequate representation of the CFN Network community and populations served. For all appointments, we hope to broaden the diversity of representation through this call. Therefore, we particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups within our Network community:
- members of indigenous communities
- people who speak English as their second language
- members of visible minority communities
- individuals from northern, rural or remote communities
- members of LGBTQ communities (includes, but not limited to, individualswho may identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer, and/or two-spirited)
Click here to read more about frailty, why it matters, and CFN’s role in improving care for those living with frailty.
Click here to read the general eligibility requirements and expectations of Board and Committee members, and see the specific Terms of Reference for the Board of Directors and our Advisory Committees.
How it works
The CFN Citizen Engagement Committee meets regularly to consider citizen applications received for our Board and Committees. Those candidates whose qualifications most closely match our current requirements will be contacted to discuss the next steps.
Applications for the Board of Directors and Research Management Committee received by July 12, 2017 will be considered for Board Terms beginning in September 2017. Board applications received after that date will be considered for future vacancies.
Applications consist of a completed online application and a Statement of Interest. To apply online and download the Statement of Interest Form, click here.
If you are unable to apply online, please email CFN Headquarters or call us at (613) 549-6666, x.7984.