APPLY BY MONDAY, AUGUST 20, 2018
Employment Opportunity: Manager, Partnerships
Reporting directly to the Assistant Scientific Director, the Manager of Partnerships will support the operations of the administrative centre located in Kingston, Ontario.
Overall responsibilities will be to develop partnerships, collaborations and secure sponsorships with companies, not-for-profit organizations, governmental bodies and other like-minded organizations to advance CFN’s mission to improve care for older adults living with frailty. Similar to all members of the CFN administrative team, the successful candidate may be asked to assist in any and all activities that the CFN administrative team is responsible for to achieve its mission. However, on a day-today basis she/he will have the following specific responsibilities.
1. Develop and implement a strategy to secure outside funding and support for CFN’s research, knowledge translation (KT), training and public initiatives. This will include:
- Maintaining and improving relationships with current CFN partners, collaborators and sponsors to identify and secure new avenues of funding and support.
- Identifying and contacting new companies and organizations to enter into novel partnerships, collaborations or sponsorships.
- Identifying and contacting key local, provincial and federal government officials/organizations to enter into novel partnership, collaborations or sponsorships.
2. Monitor CFN’s research and KT study portfolios to identify new products, services or other intellectual property that may have the potential to be disseminated and commercialized. This will include:
- Reviewing the scientific and patent literature to assess utility/novelty.
- Working with investigators and other team members from institutions across Canada to assist in the management and protection of intellectual property.
- Working with the technology transfer and commercialization offices within institutions to assist in the management and protection of intellectual property.
3. Assist in the development and execution of CFN’s public and private initiatives, which include CFN’s Annual conference, MindMerge events, National Forums, Expert panel meeting, “road show” events and other public and private events as required.
4. Other activities and responsibilities include:
- Drafting and executing legally binding agreements (e.g., term sheets, memorandum of understandings, letter of intents and license agreements).
- Planning and executing on other public dissemination initiatives such as webinars.
- Maintaining and building a database of contacts (i.e. partner, stakeholders etc.).
- Acting as an CFN ambassador in a professional manner with external stakeholder organizations as well as Network participants.
- Assisting in communication efforts as required.
- Assisting in the creation of CFN’s annual reports.
- Developing evaluation and performance metrics.
- Supporting CFN’s Committees.
- Creating presentations and collateral materials.
- Working and traveling on week nights and weekends may be required periodically
QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES - REQUIRED
- Work experience in partnership development or related activities.
- University degree in clinical/biomedical research, health science, business or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the health care system and private and public and academic sectors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent judgment and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in the use of electronic communications; and
QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES - ASSET
- Post-graduate university degree in clinical/biomedical research, health science, business or equivalent.
- Research and or knowledge translation experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively in French as well as in English.
- Experience in the health research sector specifically related to older adults.
Applicants should note that periodic travel will be required.
The position is a full-time position with salary commensurate with experience. The successful candidate will need to be physically located at CFN’s Administrative Headquarters in Kingston, Ontario.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday August 20, 2018 indicating “Manager, Partnerships” in the email subject line.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Only those selected for further interviews will be contacted.