Canadian Summit on Geroscience
The Canadian Frailty Network (CFN) and CIHR Institute of Aging (CIHR IA) hosted their first ever Geroscience Summit in downtown Toronto, Ontario on Thursday, October 26, 2023. The Summit sought to help chart the path forward for translational geroscience in Canada. It was an all-day event that occurred in-person as well as being livestreamed.
The Summit was a Pre-Conference Event associated with the Canadian Association on Gerontology’s Annual Meeting (CAG).
The Summit was designed to appeal to a wide audience of people in the aging space, including:
- Clinical Trialists
- Research and Clinical Trainees
The Summit was free for all attendees. However, there were a limited number of spaces for in-person attendees. CFN selected in-person attendees based on attendees’ interest and fit with Summit Objectives. CFN provided travel assistance to all students and post-doctoral fellows selected to attend the Summit, up to a maximum of CDN $750. Travel support was also available to researchers and clinicians that indicated a need. While there were a limited number of in-person spaces, virtual attendance was free and open to everyone.
- Convene national and international leading translational geroscience researchers and clinicians
- Discuss opportunities and avenues to build capacity in Canadian geroscience research
- Investigate the creation of a Canadian geroscience community and clinical trials network
- Investigate the social and ethical implications of translational geroscience
Please note that all content was presented in English only.