CFN is Hiring: Scientific Grant Writer
PLEASE NOTE: THE POSITION OF SCIENTIFIC GRANT WRITER AT CFN IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO APPLIED
The Canadian Frailty Network (CFN) is a pan-Canadian not-for-profit network whose mission is to improve the care for Canadians living with Frailty. We seek an experienced scientific grant writer with excellent writing and communication skills. Successful candidate must be well organized, work well under pressure, excel in a collaborative workplace, and possess high attention to detail. They will report directly to the Scientific Director coordinating with the Executive Director and Assistant Scientific Director and will work with the network staff.
- Seek out external funding opportunities from both government and non-government organizations
- Identify and review requirements of external funding opportunities and develop a written proposal
- Co-ordinate the submission of proposals to funding agencies
- Conduct literature searches and review pertinent scientific articles and related information to develop a written proposal
- Support the writing of CFN’s annual report
- Prepare manuscripts for publication
- Manage multiple and often competing critical timelines and deliverables
- Prepare text for CFN website and other publicly facing communications/documents
- Support CFN’s knowledge mobilization and implementation activities and events (e.g., conferences)
- Completion of a MSc or MA in health and/or gerontology related degree or higher is an asset
- Superior written and oral communication skills including high-level command of grammar and spelling
- Strong organizational, work planning and time-management skills
- Must be able to work independently and within a diverse team
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new subject matter and convey complex ideas on paper and orally
- Knowledge of Tri-Council (CIHR, NSERC & SSHRC) research funding programs are an asset
The position is a full-time one-year contract position, subject to a probation period subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability.
The successful candidate has the option to work remotely.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 12 noon ET on Friday September 3, 2021.
Interviews for qualified candidates will be held soon afterwards. The successful candidate would be expected to start no later than September 17, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Employment Equity and Accessibility Statement
CFN invites applications from all qualified individuals. CFN is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal Peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
CFN provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to disclose those needs should they be contacted for an interview.
Application deadline: Friday September 3, 2021
Expected start date: Tuesday, September 17, 2021