Written Submission for the Pre-Budget Consultations in Advance of the 2021 Budget: References Page
Written Submission for the Pre-Budget
Consultations in Advance of the 2021 Budget
- Hoover, 2003. Statistics Canada. (2019). Canada’s Population, July 1 2019. Retrieved from: https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/11-627-m/11-627-m2019061-eng.htm
- Wallace, L., Theou, O., Godin, J., Andrew M., Bennett, D., Rockwood, K., (2019). Investigation of frailty as a moderator of the relationship between neuropathology and dementia in Alzheimer’s disease. The Lancet 18(2).
- Montero-Odasso, M., Hogan, D., Lam, R., Madden, K., MacKnight, C., Molnar, F., & K. Rockwood. (2020). Age Alone is not Adequate to Determine Health-care Resource Allocation During the COVID-19 Pandemic. Canadian Geriatrics Journal 23(1).
- CIHI & John Hirdes. (2020). interRAI data.
- Globerman, S. (2021). Aging and Expenditures on Health Care. Fraser Research Bulletin.
- Canadian Institute for Health Information. (2019). What are the current trends in hospital spending? Retrieved from: https://www.cihi.ca/en/what-are-the-current-trends-in-hospital-spending-0
- National Institute on Ageing. (2019). The Future Cost of Long-Term Care in Canada. Retrieved from: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5c2fa7b03917eed9b5a436d8/t/5d9ddfbb353e453a7a90800b/1570627515997/The%2BFuture%2BCost_FINAL.pdf
- Statistics Canada. (2019). What will the population of Canada look like in 2068? Retrieved from: https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/11-627-m/11-627-m2019050-eng.htm
- Statistics Canada. (2017). Census in Brief: Working Seniors in Canada. Retrieved from: https://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2016/as-sa/98-200-x/2016027/98-200-x2016027-eng.cfm
- Revera. (2019). Revera Report on Aging: Living a Life of Purpose. Retrieved from: https://cdn.reveraliving.com/-/media/files/reports-on-aging/reverareport_livingalifeofpurpose.pdf?rev=5c21e49c76d4414c939f1138dcca75f3&hash=49D6CBB1CC3ECDB3EF96A2947770EA63&_ga=2.220160285.528475278.1597065130-1012131551.1594733600
- Statistics Canada. (2013). Volunteer rate and average annual volunteer hours, by age group. Retrieved from: https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/t1/tbl1/en/tv.action?pid=4510001201
- Government of Ontario and Ontario Brain Institute. (2013). The Role of Physical Activity in the Prevention and Management of Alzheimer’s Disease. Retrieved from: https://braininstitute.ca/docs/final_report_obi_pa_alzheimers_february_25_2013.pdf
- First Nations Information Governance Centre & Walker, J. (2017). Aging and Frailty in First Nations Communities. Canadian Journal on Aging 39(2): 133-144. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0714980817000319
- Statistics Canada. (2019) National Cannabis Survey: Third Quarter. Retrieved from: https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/daily-quotidien/191030/dq191030a-eng.htm
- Glauser, W. (2019). Lack of interest in geriatrics among medical trainees a concern as population ages. Canadian Medical Association Journal 191(20): 570-571. https://doi.org/10.1503/cmaj.109-5752
- Statistics Canada. (2017). A portrait of the population aged 85 and older in 2016 in Canada. Retrieved from: https://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2016/as-sa/98-200-x/2016004/98-200-x2016004-eng.cfm
- Government of Canada. (2020). Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19): Epidemiology update. Retrieved from: https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid-19/epidemiological-summary-covid-19-cases.html
- Statistics Canada. (2012). Informal Caregiving for Seniors. Retrieved from: https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/82-003-x/2012003/article/11694-eng.htm