2022 KFL&A Regional Centre for Healthy Aging Ancillary Studies Competition
The Canadian Frailty Network (CFN) is looking to fund high-quality research, knowledge translation and implementation of innovation in practice studies on healthy aging carried out in the Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington (KFL&A) region. This competition is designed to support ancillary studies on older adults aged 65y+ residing in the KFL&A region who are participants in CFN’s AVOID Frailty Program via the KFL&A Centre for Healthy Aging (https://healthyagingcentres.ca). AVOID Frailty is a community-driven primary prevention intervention that aims to enable uptake and maintenance of healthy behaviours for older adults.
Please visit the KFL&A Regional Centre for Healthy Aging Ancillary Studies Competition page for all important information regarding the competition.
The maximum length of funding term is 18 months. A total maximum competition budget of $400,000 is available for this RFP and the single proposal budget maximum is $75,000. All questions submitted to CFN regarding this competition will be answered and posted online.
Although not required, a proposal will be more competitive for funding if it includes partners who have committed cash or eligible in-kind contributions. There is no minimum partner contribution requirement although higher cash and in-kind partner funding will be weighted higher in proposal evaluations. Please view the competition page for complete details.
- Competition launch: September 6, 2022
- Deadline to submit LOI: October 3, 2022 – 4 p.m. ET
- Deadline to submit Full Application: November 7, 2022 – 4 p.m. ET
- Adjudication of Full Applications is estimated to be completed by late December 2022
- Successful applicants should be notified in early January 2023. Funding will commence after all necessary agreements have been executed and REB approval(s) received.
Contact for further information:
Dr. Perry Kim, PhD, Assistant Scientific Director